German Chocolate Cake Pops: These Easy Cake Balls Are Irresistible! by Donna John
Attention, German chocolate cake lovers! Imagine the moistest German chocolate cake you've ever eat. These cake pops are even better than that.
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1 tub coconut pecan frosting
- 1 package chocolate almond bark or 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1 package sweetened flaked coconut
- cake pop sticks
Here's how to make them:
- Pour the coconut onto a cookie sheet. Pop into a preheated 350-degree F oven and cook until it turns golden, stirring often. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Bake cake according to package directions.
- Crumble the baked cake into a mixing bowl. Add a few large spoonfuls of the coconut pecan frosting. Mix well. Continue adding frosting until you get desired consistency. Put it into the fridge to chill.
- Roll the chilled dough into balls and place on wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the melted chocolate and insert into the balls. Let it harden to help secure the sticks for dipping.
- Dip the entire cake ball into the chocolate and then into the toasted coconut. Set the completed cake pops back onto the wax paper to harden.
Note: If you run out of cake pop sticks like I did, just dip and roll the balls without them.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
German Chocolate Cake Mix $1 & Up
Coconut Pecan Frosting $2 & Up
Chocolate Almond Bark $10 & Up
Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Coconut $5 & Up
Cake Pop Sticks $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.