Best German Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe: All the Flavors of the Cake in Cookie Form by Donna John
My husband's favorite cake is German chocolate, but when it's just the two of us, we don't need a whole cake sitting around – it's too tempting! Instead, I make him this easy cake mix German chocolate cookie recipe. They are addictive!
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups chocolate chips (divided)
- 1 can coconut pecan frosting
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Press with your fingers to flatten a little.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the pan a few minutes before removing to aluminum foil or a cooling rack.
- While the cookies cool, melted the remaining chocolate chips in microwave. Do this in 30-second intervals, stirring between each one, until smooth.
- When the cookies are completely cool, top each one with some of the pecan-coconut icing and then drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
German Chocolate Cake Mix $1 & Up
Coconut Pecan Icing $2 & Up
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.