Creamy 3-Ingredient Refried Beans Recipe Is Super Simple to Make by Donna John
Up your game on taco night by making this homemade refried beans recipe. If you've never made refried beans before, this is an easy recipe to start with because it has just three ingredients: pinto beans, garlic and cumin. But while they lack a long ingredient list, they don't lack in flavor.
You could add chopped onion, chopped cilantro, chili powder, chopped jalapeno, chopped roasted poblano or lime juice to this refried beans recipe. Get creative! Serve them with tacos, quesadillas, enchiladas,grilled Mexican-spiced chicken, burritos, baked chimichangas or your favorite meal.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
Total Time: 1 to 1 1/2 hours
- 1 bag (16 ounces) dried pinto beans, picked through and washed
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 - 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- shredded cheese, for top (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Put the cleaned beans and garlic in a pot. Add enough water to just cover the beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring often, until beans are soft.
- Add salt and cumin and continue to cook, uncovered, until all the water has evaporated.
- Mash beans. Taste and add addition salt, cumin and pepper, if needed.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pinto Beans $2 & Up
Ground Cumin $4 & Up
Refried Beans $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.