Healthy Salads: 5 Hacks to Help You Make the Perfect Salad in Less Time! by Michele Gelman
Cooking Tips Salads
6 years ago
Add to collection
Do you love salads, or at least the idea of them, but find them rather difficult? All that chopping and washing – and how to make them tasty and filling enough to be a meal without cheese, bread or meat? By adding fresh herbs, ready-to-go greens, special ingredients like quick-pickled shallots and pomegranate seeds and a delicious homemade dressing, salads can be quick, easy and satisfying! If you can keep most of these on hand, you will always be able to whip up a gorgeous salad in no time. It’s all about prep and planning – which really mean self-care – and we all need more of that to balance our busy lives!
- Buy greens that are ready to go: My favorite are Gotham Greens. They are local to Chicago and very fresh. They are also pre-washed! You can get ready washed organic greens everywhere now. Spinach, kale and all kinds of lettuce.
- Pomegranate seeds: I buy these every time I go to the store. I know they are pricey, but, I’m worth it! They are beautiful and sweet and pack a mighty antioxidant punch.
- Sprouts: Full of life, protein, micro-nutrients and probiotics, these are the all-around best food for energy. Try to eat these every day. Growing them is as easy as brushing your teeth, but they are much higher in nutrients than toothpaste!
- Avocado: Add this delicious, fatty fruit for its creamy goodness and its nutritional benefits.
- Artichoke hearts: I always keep a jar in my fridge and a backup in my pantry. I especially love the grilled ones because they are meaty and smoky and I am a vegetarian who loves the taste of grilled meat!
Get five more salad hacks on my blog here!