3-Ingredient Candied Orange Peel Recipe Is a Fun Holiday Snack or Recipe Addition by Donna John
Candied orange peel makes a great snack or can be used in all sorts of recipes. Fold candied orange peel into muffin, quick bread or cookie batter, sprinkle them over ice cream, use as a garnish for your favorite cocktail or dip them into dark chocolate for a surprisingly delicious treat with a glass of wine.
The technique for making candied orange peel at home is super simple. The result is a festive, sweet ingredient that's aromatic and delicious. Candied orange peel makes a fun holiday food gift. Be sure to include some recipes that call for candied orange peel and this recipe for making it.
With only three simple ingredients and in less than an hour, you'll have orange peel drying on your counter. Another bonus? Your house will smell like Christmas!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes to cook and 2 hours to dry
Total Time: 40 minutes and 2 hours to dry
- 2 large oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Here’s how you make it:
- Wash the oranges, slice off the ends and then carefully cut the peel off, keeping as much as the pith as you can (white stringy part). Cut the peel into strips.
- Add the peels to a pot of boiling water. Cook about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a sauce pot, combine the 1 cup of water and sugar. Heat to a boil and then add the orange peels. Reduce heat and allow it to simmer about 25 minutes, or until syrup thickens.
- Remove the peels from the syrup and cool on a wire rack. Allow the peels to dry about 2 hours.
- Dip the dried peels in additional sugar.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.