Creamy Vegan Mushroom Sauce: Your Life Will Never Be the Same! by Ashlee Smith
You probably think you have to give up decadent and creamy sauces when you go vegan. Nope, not true! There are many plant-based foods that can transform any sauce into something rich, creamy and decadent. One of those amazing foods being cashews. Here's how to make a magical vegan mushroom sauce, which I adapted from The Endless Meal's recipe. You can use this sauce for anything! I used it to make a delicious green bean casserole, but I am going to add it to pasta next.
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for a few hours or overnight)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Here’s how you make it:
- Cook mushrooms in olive oil until brown.
- Add cashews, garlic, salt, pepper, water and a scoop of the mushrooms to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the rest of the mushrooms, bring to boil, then remove from heat.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cashews $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.