Pineapple Upside-Down Cake: This Recipe Starts With a Box Cake Mix! by Donna John
2 months ago
Pineapple upside-down cake is a classic. Turn your family's world upside-down by surprising them with one tonight!
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make it
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices in juice, drained and liquid reserved
- maraschino cherries
Here's how to make it:
- Pour melted butter into a 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the brown sugar. Arrange pineapple slices over the sugar, placing a cherry in the center of each.
- Mix the cake according to package directions, but substitute the reserved pineapple juice for the water (add water to the pineapple juice, if needed). Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 42-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert onto a serving platter. Let it sit with the pan still over it for about 5 minutes. Remove pan.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: