This Easy Chocolate Almond Biscotti Recipe Is a Little Slice of Heaven by Donna John
Biscotti are Italian cookies that are super crunchy because they are baked twice. These slices of oblong heaven originated in the city of Prato in Tuscany. Here's a simple chocolate version that starts with a cake mix.
- 1 box fudge cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup almonds
- chocolate chips, for dipping (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- With a mixer, combine the cake mix, flour, butter, eggs and almond extract. Mix until it forms a dough. Stir in almonds.
- Put dough on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment paper. Form into a loaf that’s about 14 x 3 inches.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and cool for about 30 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the log into 1/2-inch slices. Transfer them to another cookie sheet that’s lined with parchment paper, cut side down. Bake for another 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, then reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F and continue to bake another 40 minutes or until they are dry. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- If dipping in chocolate, melt the chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Dip the cooled biscotti into the chocolate and lay on foil or wax paper to harden.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: