Homemade Alfredo Sauce That Tastes the Same as You Know Who's! by Donna John
Skip the wait at that Italian restaurant and whip up this homemade alfredo sauce. Dieting? This is definitely a cheat night recipe.
- 2 sticks butter, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- white pepper, to taste (optional)
Here's how to make it:
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Set a metal mixing bowl over the pot of boiling water. (You could also use a double boiler.)
- Put the butter and heavy whipping cream into the bowl and cook, stirring, until melted.
- Add Parmesan and continue to stir until completely melted. Season with white pepper, to taste, if using.
Serve over your favorite pasta, chicken or even drizzle over veggies.