Veganize It! How to Make Vegan & Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Bread! by Ashlee Smith
- 1 cup flour (I used Trader Joe’s gluten-free, whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 – 4 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg replacer (I used The Neat Egg, which is made of ground chickpeas and chia seeds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add mashed banana, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan or muffin tins, like I did. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- If making a loaf, bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake! Cool about 10 minutes then remove from pan. If making muffins, bake for 12-15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: