Veganize It! How to Make Vegan & Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Bread! by Ashlee Smith
It’s so easy to make your favorite recipes vegan, cruelty free, gluten free and guilt free. Here’s my take on contributor Donna John’s chocolate banana bread! (Get the original recipe for chocolate banana bread.)
- 1 cup flour (I used Trader Joe’s gluten-free, whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 – 4 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg replacer (I used The Neat Egg, which is made of ground chickpeas and chia seeds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add mashed banana, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan or muffin tins, like I did. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- If making a loaf, bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake! Cool about 10 minutes then remove from pan. If making muffins, bake for 12-15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: