Grandma's 30-Minute Chicken & Dumplings Recipe Is Taste Tested & Approved by Kimberly Johnson
I know I've struck gold with a recipe when it gets my grandma's seal of approval! Try this creamy chicken and dumplings recipe on your family tonight. So good!
This easy grandma-approved recipe has just six ingredients and is on the table in about 30 minutes. The chicken recipe also freezes well, so double it and save some for later.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 6 - 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups chicken, cooked
Here's how to make it:
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, to taste. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a fork or pastry blender. Stir in milk, mixing with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Heavily flour a work surface. Roll dough out thin with a rolling pin and cut into 2x2-inch squares with a pizza cutter or floured knife.
- Bring broth to a boil. Drop dumplings in one at a time, stirring as you add. Cook about 15 to 20 minutes until they are no longer doughy.
- Add cooked chicken. Season with black pepper, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Pastry Blenders $5 - $16
Pizza Cutters $5 - $22
Rolling Pins $4 - $25
Flour $2 & Up
Baking Powder $2 & Up
Chicken Broth $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.