Chocolate Soufflé Recipe: Here's How to Make an Easy Chocolate Soufflé (You Can Do It) by Donna John
Don’t let chocolate soufflé scare you – it’s really pretty simple. Folding the egg whites in as gently as possible is the key, so take your time. Try this easy chocolate soufflé recipe this weekend!
- butter, to coat ramekins
- sugar, to coat ramekins
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- powdered sugar
Here's how you make them:
- Butter and then dust with sugar the insides of six ramekins.
- Pour the half and half into a heavy saucepan or double boiler over medium heat. Heat until just about to boil. Add the chocolate, remove from heat and stir until chocolate melts.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and water and bring to almost a boil, then turn off heat and set aside.
- Beat the eggs until foamy, about 1 minute. Slowly add the 1/2 cup sugar a little at a time and beat until soft peaks form.
- Very gently fold in about half of the egg whites into the chocolate.
- Add remaining egg whites and gently fold into chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins, leaving about 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven about 15 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn light brown. Do not open the oven door during the baking period!
- Gently remove the souffles from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Souffle Ramekins $10 & Up
Bittersweet Chocolate $6 & Up
Dark Chocolate $3 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.