Chocolate Soufflé Recipe: Here's How to Make an Easy Chocolate Soufflé (You Can Do It)! by Donna John
Don’t let chocolate soufflé scare you – it’s really pretty simple! Folding the egg whites in as gently as possible is the key, so take your time.
- butter, to coat ramekins
- sugar, to coat ramekins
- 3 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 8 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- powdered sugar
Here's how you make them:
- Butter and then dust with sugar the insides of six ramekins.
- Pour the half and half into a heavy saucepan or double boiler over medium heat. Heat until just about to boil. Add the chocolate, remove from heat and stir until chocolate melts.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and water and bring to almost a boil, then turn off heat and set aside.
- Beat the eggs until foamy, about 1 minute. Slowly add the 1/2 cup sugar a little at a time and beat until soft peaks form.
- Very gently fold in about half of the egg whites into the chocolate.
- Add remaining egg whites and gently fold into chocolate.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins, leaving about 1/4 inch space at the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven about 15 minutes, or until the tops begin to turn light brown. Do not open the oven door during the baking period!
- Gently remove the souffles from the oven and dust with powdered sugar. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.