Super Bowl® Chili: How to Make Clark Bartram’s Healthier Man-Pleasing Chili by Donna John
For Clark Bartram’s Super Bowl® chili, adding white button mushrooms are a key ingredient to blocking estrogen, the female version of testosterone. Estrogen can cause a man to bloat, develop breast tissue and store more fat around the waist, says Bartram, who is a Performance & Nutrition Industry expert for Six Pack Abs and lead adviser to the International Sports Sciences Association.
- 2 pounds ground beef (15 percent fat)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup white button mushrooms
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 can organic chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- pinch salt
- 1 jar organic tomato puree
- garlic, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Sauté ground beef until it's brown.
- Place meat into big pot and add all other ingredients.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 30-45 minutes.