Slow-cooker Beef Barbecue Sandwich Recipe Would Make Any BBQ Lover Happy by Donna John
Put a chuck roast in the slow cooker with a few other ingredients, and that evening get ready to sink your teeth into the best barbecue sandwich. Instead of firing up the grill in this hot weather, you could be inside in the A/C while the slow cooker does all the work.
Serve this shredded barbecue sandwich recipe with cole slaw (get my easy cole slaw recipe) and you've got a meal that would make any Texan proud.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 9 hours
Total Time: 8 to 9 hours
Servings: 6 to 8
- 1 3- to 4-pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- hamburger buns or slider buns
- toppings: sliced onion, pickles, jalapenos, additional barbecue sauce
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine all ingredients except the chuck roast. Mix well.
- Put the roast in a slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 to 9 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Shred the beef with two forks or meat shredders/claws.
- Serve with hamburger or slider buns and desired toppings.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Crock Pots $20 & Up
Meat Shredders $4 & Up
Ketchup $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Barbecue Sauce $1 & Up
Worcestershire Sauce $2 & Up
Dijon Mustard $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $2 & Up
Slider Buns $3 & Up
Hamburger Buns $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.