Grandma's Broccoli a La Don Recipe: A Beloved Broccoli Casserole Recipe by Judy Thow
Want to jazz up your broccoli for the holidays, Thanksgiving or a family get-together? Try this easy, cheesy, broccoli recipe that has crunchy cheese crackers. Delish!
If you're cooking for a large group, simply double the recipe. If you're not a fan of broccoli, try it with fresh cauliflower florets or even carrots.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 large bunch fresh broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 15 cheddar cheese crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Here’s how to make it:
- Cook broccoli until tender. Drain, season with garlic powder and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and whisk until well blended. Add milk and whisk until smooth. Cook until sauce thickens. Add cheddar cheese and stir until cheese has melted.
- Arrange half of the broccoli in the bottom of an ovenproof casserole. Sprinkle with half of the cracker crumbs and half of the Parmesan cheese. Dot with 1 tablespoon of butter. Repeat each layer.
- Pour sauce over the top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Cheddar Cheese Crackers $2 & Up
Garlic Powder $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.