Cocktail (Meatballs) Time: How to Make Sweet Bourbon Maple Meatballs by Gigi Gaggero
3 years ago
These little appetizer meatballs are a delicious start to kick off any party. Yum! Make a batch of them this weekend!
- 1 pound ground meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork and veal)
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 batch bourbon BBQ sauce (here's my barbecue sauce recipe)
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together until fully incorporated.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place onto baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes in a preheated 350-degree F oven until one is cut open and no longer pink in the center. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce. Simmer for about 10 minutes, turning meatballs to coat. Serve warm.