Sweet & Spicy Maple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Is a Must-Have Recipe for BBQ Lovers by Gigi Gaggero
3 years ago
Spicy, sweet and with a kick of bourbon! Perfection!
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 - 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- pinch kosher salt
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large skillet over medium heat add all ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and warm all the ingredients through.