Best Barbecue Sauce Recipe: This Sweet & Spicy Maple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Is a Must-Have for BBQ Lovers by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Want to kick things up a notch at your next barbecue? This easy maple bourbon barbecue sauce recipe is spicy and sweet, with a kick of bourbon for extra attitude. You can use this best barbecue sauce recipe to make the tastiest barbecued ribs, beef or chicken. It's easy and delicious, and your family and friends will be raving. Pure grilling perfection!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 3 cups
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 - 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- pinch kosher salt
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add all ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and warm all the ingredients through.