Creamy Parsnip Puree Recipe With Truffle Oil: An Impressive Thanksgiving Side Dish by Chef Gigi
Parsnips are my all-time favorite root vegetable to purée or mash. They're naturally sweet and not too starchy, which makes for a silky side dish. Impress your family with easy parsnip puree recipe with truffle oil on Thanksgiving.
Parsnip purée can be made one day in advance. Allow to cool then just cover and chill. Reheat over medium-low, stirring often and adding a bit more cream and a dollop of butter to reconstitute.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, thinly sliced (tough cores should be removed on larger parsnips)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or plant-based substitute
- 1/2 cup whole milk, or plant-based substitute
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, or plant-based substitute
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- truffle oil
- 1/4 cup sprigs of fresh chervil, for garnish, or chopped flat-leaf parsley
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring parsnips, garlic, cream, milk and butter to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until parsnips are very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Purée in a blender until smooth. Serve drizzled with truffle oil and chopped parsley.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Thanksgiving Cookbooks $3 & Up
Vegetable Cookbooks $3 & Up
Truffle Oil $10 & Up
Kosher Salt $3 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.