Creamy Parsnip Puree Recipe With Truffle Oil: An Impressive Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipe by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
Parsnips are my all-time favorite root vegetable to purée or mash. They're naturally sweet and not too starchy, which makes for a silky side dish. Impress your family with easy parsnip puree recipe with truffle oil on Thanksgiving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, thinly sliced (tough cores should be removed on larger parsnips)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, or plant-based substitute
- 1/2 cup whole milk, or plant-based substitute
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, or plant-based substitute
- kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- truffle oil
- 1/4 cup sprigs of fresh chervil, for garnish, or chopped flat-leaf parsley
Here’s how to make it:
- Bring parsnips, garlic, cream, milk and butter to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until parsnips are very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.
- Purée in a blender until smooth. Serve drizzled with truffle oil and chopped parsley.
Note: Parsnip purée can be made one day in advance. Allow to cool then just cover and chill. Reheat over medium-low, stirring often and adding a bit more cream and a dollop of butter to reconstitute.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Thanksgiving Cookbooks $3 & Up
Vegetable Cookbooks $3 & Up
Truffle Oil $10 & Up
Kosher Salt $3 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Blenders $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.