The Perfect Mac & Cheese: Max Brenner's Jay Soy Shares His Secrets! by Mindy Hudon, M.S., CCC-SLP
Max Brenner's food and beverage director, Jay Soy, can’t tell the secret recipe for Really Cheesy Mac & Cheese, but he can share his expert tips to make the perfect macaroni and cheese at home.
- Start With a Perfect Roux: Keep the heat low, and be careful to not overcook your roux. Add warm milk to your roux. Make sure your milk is warm and not straight from the refrigerator.
- Cheese Time: There is no limit to the amount of different cheeses you can use, as long as the cheeses complement each other.
- Taste and Season: Add a little cayenne to give the cheese sauce a wonderful kick of heat.
- Combine: Don’t overcook the pasta before it reaches the oven, it will be too soft when you take it out.
- Make a Crunchy Crust: Crushed Ritz crackers or Saltines mixed with minced parsley are certified crowd pleasers.
Read more about Jay Soy!