Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies So Good, You Won't Believe They're Gluten-Free by Erica Kane
If you've been searching for the absolute best gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can stop your search because you just found them. These are not only the best gluten-free cookies I've ever had, they also may be the best regular chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. Seriously! I hope you enjoy this amazing dessert as much as I do.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 15 minutes
Total Time: 18 to 25 minutes
Servings: 12 to 18
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dark baking chips (or chocolate chips or chocolate chunks)
- sea salt, for sprinkling at end
Here’s how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a standing electric mixer (I love my KitchenAid), or using a hand mixer, beat melted coconut oil and both sugars together until smooth. Add in egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy, 1-3 minutes.
- Add flour mixture into mixing bowl and blend on low speed until combined. Add in chocolate chunks and mix with hands or a spoon.
- Roll dough into little balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (If you'd like smushier, gooier cookies, place the dough in the refrigerator and let sit for at least 10 minutes.) Make sure to leave room in between cookies on the baking sheet so they don't run into each other. Bake for 8-15 minutes, depending on your oven. Just keep your eyes on them as nothing is worse than an over-cooked cookie.
- Once done, sprinkle with sea salt, if desired, and let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack.
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.