Best Zuppa Toscana Recipe: This Italian Soup Recipe Is Worth Staying Home For by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
Here's how you make it:
- Crumble the sausage and cook in a large soup pot until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the sausage drippings and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 more minute, stirring.
- Add the white wine and stir thoroughly.
- Add the potato, kale, chicken broth, water and cooked sausage to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Zuppa Toscana Soup $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.