Best Zuppa Toscana Recipe: This Italian Soup Recipe Is Worth Staying Home For by Donna John
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy cream
Here's how you make it:
- Crumble the sausage and cook in a large soup pot until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion to the sausage drippings and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 more minute, stirring.
- Add the white wine and stir thoroughly.
- Add the potato, kale, chicken broth, water and cooked sausage to the pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Soup Pots $10 & Up
Soup Bowls $6 & Up
Chicken Stock $1 & Up
Red Pepper Flakes $3 & Up
Zuppa Toscana Soup $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.