This really is the best banana bread recipe I've ever made. And it's super easy!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5-6 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Here's how you make it:
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in another bowl.
- Mix together.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F about 30 minutes.
Now I'll share a couple secrets:
- I like to slightly under bake my bread. Just where it's a tiny bit moist in the center on the top.
- Before it's completely cool, I cover with plastic wrap. This makes the top of the bread ooey gooey and super moist.