How to Make a Satisfying Superfoods Sandwich (It's Vegetarian, Too)! by Donna John
We've all heard about superfoods – and most of us love a good sandwich. Combine the two by making this healthy vegetarian sandwich for lunch (or dinner)!
- 4 slices whole-grain bread
- 1 large avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/3 cup pea shoots, baby arugula or baby spinach
Here's how to make it:
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Mash half of it in a small bowl. Cut the other half in slices.
- Spread the mashed avocado on two slices of the bread. Top with the avocado slices.
- Add chopped hard-boiled egg.
- Add the sliced radishes.
- Top with pea shoots, baby arugula or baby spinach.
- Top each sandwich with the other slice of bread. Makes two sandwiches.
You could toast the bread for a crunchier sandwiches!