Glazed Carrots Recipe: This Easy Carrot Recipe Will Make Your Baby Carrots Sing by Donna John
Kick your carrots up a notch with this easy glazed carrots recipe. The sugar helps the carrots caramelize, which adds depth of flavor to this family favorite.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- flat-leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the carrots, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add just enough water to cover. Turn heat up to high, cover and cook about 5 minutes. (Do not add too much water or carrots will be mushy.)
- Uncover and continue to cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates, about 5-7 minutes. Continue to cook a few more minutes to allow carrots to caramelize and begin to slightly brown. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.