How to Start Your Gluten-free Diet: 5 Tips to Read Right Now! by Amy Fothergill
2 years ago
Do you need to start a gluten-free diet but you aren't sure where to begin? Here are five tips!
- Be in it to win it. Yes, I already said it but don’t plan to cheat. If you have celiac disease, you won’t have this choice.
- Plan to make mistakes in the beginning. I mean this more from a mental standpoint. It’s very easy to miss things and you will get mad at yourself. You have to be able to forgive yourself.
- Make your shopping list. You will need to replace obvious things like bread, pasta, cereals and crackers. Don’t forget about soy sauce, certain rice cereals, spices, salad dressings and oats (yes, you need to use/buy gluten-free oats).
- Start cleaning. Living gluten-free means your kitchen has to be as well. Plan to clean out drawers, counters, etc., to remove any chance of cross contamination.
- Clean your makeup. Yes, gluten can be in your lipstick, soap, shampoo, etc. At a minimum, if this seems overwhelming, start with anything that can be ingested, like lipstick.
Get five more tips to help start your gluten-free lifestyle here!