How to Grill Pineapple: Why You Should Grill Pineapple & 5 Yummy Ways to Eat It by Donna John
Cooking and grilling outside is a way of life around my house, all year round. My latest obsession? Grilling fresh pineapple! After spending too much time peeling a fresh pineapple recently, I wasn’t very happy when it turned out to be not so sweet. I’d heard that grilling can bring out the sweetness, so I threw it on the grill. Success! The pineapple was sweet and delicious, and found a home on our chicken burgers that night.
- Peel and core the pineapple.
- Cut it into rings.
- Heat your grill to about medium.
- Place rings directly on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, checking often so they don't burn.
Here are some ways to use grilled pineapple:
- Dice it up and mix with chopped tomato, onion and cilantro for a healthy salsa.
- Top beef, chicken or turkey burgers with a ring or two.
- Cube your pineapple and make kebabs with chicken or beef and your favorite vegetables.
- Top hot grilled pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Skewer cubes of pineapple and then grill for a kid-friendly snack.
Not a big pineapple fan? Try peaches, mango, nectarines, grapefruit, bananas and even avocado!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire ... and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.