Why Football Is My (Second) Favorite F-Word: 25 Reasons to Love the Season by Gregg Halstead
Disclaimer: My lovely wife, Ann Marie, has published an article with 30Seconds titled Why Fall is My (Second) Favorite F-Word: 25 Reasons to Love the Season. How could I not respond with this?
Football has always been my favorite sport. The season has so much to offer: action, competition, lazy Sundays and the food! My friends and family all know of my love for the season, which I start celebrating in the pre-season. I grew up in central New York and have wonderful childhood memories of watching football with my dad, cousins and friends. Some of my favorite memories and traditions with our boys take place during this season as well.
If football is not yet your favorite (or second favorite) “F-word,” consider the following and maybe you’ll just change your mind:
- Watching your favorite team (the Dolphins!), win or lose.
- The food.
- The drinks (if you know what I mean!).
- The fashion: all the comfy, cozy team gear!
- Lazy Sundays on the couch.
- Team memorabilia.
- Jumping up and down when your team wins.
- The Jumbo-tron.
- The crisp scent in the air that reminds you it’s football season.
- Tailgating at a game.
- Tailgating in your buddy’s driveway.
- Your drunk friend who talks trash.
- Your drunk friend who paints himself in team colors from head to toe.
- Getting surprised with game tickets on your birthday.
- Winning the chili cookoff before the game.
- Winning the football pool.
- The first game of the season
- The second game of the season.
- And so on…
- When all you do is win-win-win in fantasy.
- When the hottie in your life wears a football jersey with your favorite player’s name on the back.
- The sound of the crowd when your team scores.
- The big game at the end of the season.
- Watching the game with your kids and starting a whole new generation of traditions!
What would YOU add to the list?
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.