Exceptional Dads: Being a Dad Is Less About Talk & More About Action by Jonathan Oliver
So, how does being an exceptional 24/7 stay-at-home dad look? It looks like living my life with integrity, authenticity and most importantly, love. These values are integral to my ability to effectively guide and parent my daughters, Journey and Justice. This means that before I can coach or teach anything to better assist in their lives, I need to live these values if I want to be able to model them.
- If I want my daughters to show forgiveness to others, then I need to live in a forgiving way.
- If I want them to learn how to set boundaries with others, I need to show how boundaries need to be set.
- If I want Journey and Justice to be friendly people, then I must live in a friendly and gracious manner.
- If I want them to be fearless when it comes to chasing their dreams, then I need to live by pursuing my dreams with no fear or abandon.
- If I want my daughters to be able to pick themselves up and keep moving forward when they make mistakes in lives, then I need to be willing to pick myself up and keep marching on when times are hard.
The one thing I have learned in life is that more is caught than taught. I can’t rely on the old cliché, “Do what I mean, not what I say.”
Journey and Justice will learn more from my actions than from my words.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.