What to Pack in Your Hospital Bag: Pregnancy Checklist of Everything Mom-to-Be Needs for Labor & Delivery by Lauren Hutson
There's so much to think about and do when preparing for a baby. One important thing that should not be overlooked is packing your hospital bag. Something as small as hair ties can be a life saver. I spoke with some of my mom tribe to find out their hospital bags must-haves. Use this checklist and have one less thing to worry about as you wait for the arrival of your baby!
Comfortable Clothes: Who says you have to stay in the awful hospital gown?
- new robe
- loose sweatpants
- big underwear
- nursing tanks
- cozy socks
Things to Help Pass the Time: For many, labor can be long, so anything to help you pass the time will help.
- extra long charger
- playing cards
- yarn and crochet hooks (or whatever hobby you enjoy)
- good book
Comforts of Home: Bring some of home sweet home with you.
- photo of your other little ones
Toiletry Bag: Having your favorite personal items will make you feel like you.
- travel size shampoo, conditioner and body wash
- toothbrush, toothpaste and mouthwash
- lip balm
- hair ties
- makeup (because you will have visitors and take lots photos, it can be nice to feel refreshed and a little “put together”)
Snacks: For you and your significant other because, let's face it, hospital food is usually horrible.
- granola bars
- trail mix
- chocolate (you deserve it!)
Miscellaneous: Pack a few things for all your new goodies from the hospital.
- folders (for the crazy amount of paperwork you will get)
- handled bag (you may get a lot of gifts and will need something to carry them home in)
- thank you notes
- face mask
Baby Items: Don't forget the star of the show, your new baby!
- cute outfit for the trip home
- jacket or sweater, if needed
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.