Why Do Babies & Toddlers Bite? Vampires in Training? Probably Not! 5 Reasons for Biting by Mei Marcie
Babies and toddlers bite for various reasons, and it's not always malicious. Here are the top five reasons kids bite!
- Teething: Check to see if the gums are tender and provide a chilled teething ring.
- Exploration: As fine motor skills are not quite developed, babies use their mouths as a way to explore.
- Attention: Especially if they feel that Mom and Dad cared the last time they biting occured.
- Frustration: They use biting to show frustration, as their language is limited.
- Test Cause and Effect: To figure out a reaction, which should not be biting your child back!
Why is your little one biting?