Budget Birthdays: 7 Steps to Save Money on Your Child’s Party! by Demika Caldwell
Kids' birthday parties can be expensive! No need to break the bank when you can keep it simple yet throw a grand party on a tiny budget.
- Guest List: keep it small.
- Invitations: use free online invitation and party planning websites like Evite or Punchbowl.
- Location: your home, family/friend’s basement or backyard.
- Menu: frozen pizza, homemade cold cut sandwiches, cupcakes or cake.
- Decorations: make them yourself with materials you have on hand.
- Games: Musical Chairs, Red Rover, Simon Says and Freeze Dance.
- Goodie Bags: purchase items from the dollar store.
It's party time!