Teach Your Kids to Be S.M.A.R.T.: 5 Steps to Raising a Street-Savvy Kid! by Marie Roker-Jones
3 years ago
The safety and well-being of our kids are our top priorities. Here are five S.M.A.R.T. tips to share with your kids to keep them safe on the streets.
- Special Codes: Set up code words for pick-up or for kids to let you know that something is wrong.
- Move: Walk with a purpose. Predators seek out kids who look sheltered or vulnerable.
- Awareness: Be alert. Keep headphones low and don't text while walking.
- Routine: Don't take the same route every day. Change your daily routine.
- Trust Your Instincts: If you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or in danger, find a safe spot or call 911.
Sit down and discuss these S.M.A.R.T. tips with your child!