Livin' Libido Loco: 6 Natural Libido Boosters & 13 Common Reasons for Low Sex Drive by Dr. Niket Sonpal
For some people, Valentine's Day may come with some, eh … hem … performance anxiety. Low libido isn't just limited to older folks, it's been documented that millennials are less sexually active than any other generation in the past 60 years. Here are some libido crushers common to millennials:
- antidepressants and other medications
- sleep deprivation
- sleep apnea
- low self-worth
- body image issues
- vitamin D deficiency
- lack of exercise
- high cholesterol
So, what can be done to boost libido? I encourage people to:
- Eat watermelon, which boosts blood flow.
- Eat dark chocolate, which releases endorphins.
- Sniff cinnamon, a natural aphrodisiac (or sprinkle some on cereal).
- Eat grilled asparagus, which is rich in vitamin B6.
- Manage stress with exercise.
- Get seven hours of good-quality sleep.
Here are some common questions about libido:
- Who is more affected by lack of libido, men or women? Both people. If either sex has low libido the partner is impacted.
- When could lack of libido be more, like a possible health issue? When there are other symptoms such as shortness of breath, loss of appetite, forgetfulness, chronic pain. Low libido can also be a side effect of medications, so it is important to log how you feel day to day and then tell your doctor.
- What's the No. 1 libido booster couples should try? Diet and exercise!! Get moving and revamp the diet to include more fruits, vegetables, foods rich in omega 3s and get rid of the high sugar and processed foods.
- So, many people now are skipping Valentine's Day. Do you think libido plays a part in that? I think there's this rebellion against Valentine's Day because some feel it's a "Hallmark Holiday" tied to consumerism that is forced. I think those who want to celebrate do and those who choose not to don't and that libido doesn't really have anything to do with it.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.