Travel Memories: Choosing Keepsakes & Souvenirs to Capture Your Traveling Adventures by Samantha Aleman
I love to travel. If I’m not planning my next adventure, I’m daydreaming about it. I love everything about traveling: experiencing a new culture, dining on a foreign cuisine and seeing the famous landmarks that I only read about in books as a child. Reading travel books from front to back has fueled my desire to see the world.
What I don’t love, however, is trying to find a keepsake that reminds me “I’ve been there.” How can you possibly sum up an entire adventure into a small little trinket? What can I purchase to preserve those memories for years to come without cluttering my house even more than it already is with a 3-year-old?
Since I couldn’t come up with an idea myself, I was curious about what other travelers pick up on their journeys. Their responses are below. Despite the possibility of mass clutter, I kind of want to try them all!
- “My aunt collects pewter spoons. My oldest daughter collects mini snow globes and my younger daughter collects magnets.”
- “Christmas ornaments!”
- “I always got shot glasses.”
- “Magnets sometimes, but mostly postcards. I have like 300 of them.”
- “Historically, magnets. Now hoodies or t-shirts we’ll actually wear so things aren’t just collecting dust.”
- “Keychains! I’ve found really cool ones over the years.”
- “We have a small stuffed animal our kids picked out. He goes in a bag for every trip we go on and he has his own journal that logs every trip.”
- “Send a postcard back to yourself from where you go and write some of your favorite things about the day/trip/culture and then hole punch them and make them into a book.”
- “We collect smaller pieces of art made by local artists. We have some amazing prints from Quebec, some handmade pottery from Costa Rica and a watercolor painting from when we went to South Dakota.”
- “My daughter collects pins. My mom collects those little spoons that serve no purpose.”
What do you bring back as souvenirs or reminders of your travels?
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Travel Books $4 & Up
Shadow Box Frames $15 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.