Dads Know How to Parent, Too: A Shout Out to All the Amazing Dads on Father’s Day (and Every Day) by MomThoughts
As Father’s Day approaches and messages flood social media to thank dads for all they do for their children, it’s important to remember that dads are deserving of praise year-round. Here are a few things to keep in mind about most dads:
- Dads are not "babysitting" when they watch their children – they are parenting.
- Dads don’t need lists of reminders from moms about how to parent – they, too, know how to raise their kids.
- Dads are not bumbling idiots who burn the dinner and melt diapers in the laundry.
- Most dads are just like most moms – they are trying to be the best parents they can be.
- Dads read to their kids, build pillow and blanket forts, have tea parties and go shopping.
- Dads are equals, and our stories about them should reflect this.
Shower dads with love on Father’s Day, of course. Take them out to brunch or throw a ball around in the yard. But give them credit the other 364 days of the year, too.
Happy Father’s Day, dads!
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.