Toys R Us Closes After 6 Decades: It's the Last Call to Be a Toys R Us Kid! by Alex Bryant
After the iconic toy store filed for bankruptcy in fall 2017, Toys R Us has announced it will end all operations and either sell or close its U.S. and U.K. stores, according to multiple sources. Here are some tips on why to visit the toy chain one last time:
- Expect in-store liquidation sales to come in the days and months ahead.
- Re-live or create childhood memories as a Toys R Us kid by visiting a store nearest you.
- Toys R Us spokesperson Taylor O'Donnell told USA TODAY that the chain plans to honor gift cards for the next 30 days.
- According to CNBC, however, some 200 of Toys R Us' top-performing stores could live on in a different form. The company is reportedly seeking a buyer for them, along with its Canadian stores.
- Stores in France, Spain, Poland and Australia will also liquidate its assets. The toy chain will seek a buyer for its Central European and Asian stores.
- Not all stores will close at once, but over time. It's recommended to visit your local retailer for details.
Locate your nearest in-store destination or shop before it’s too late at ToysRUs.com.