Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond, Virginia: How to Help the House Keep Families Close by Rainey Niklawski
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond, Va., takes stress off families with a child receiving medical care. They are able to stay close and enjoy all the comforts of home, thanks to the amazing RVA community who keeps the support coming! Here’s how to provide some of that support:
- Collect “pop tops” from soda cans. They can recycle tabs into funds for the House! This is a great one to do with your kids because it doesn’t cost anything.
- Cook for the House. Volunteers can come to the House and make dinners for families. There is no comfort quite as good as a home-cooked meal! Breakfast on the weekends, too!
- Cook for the hospital. NICU and PICU parents spend long hours at the hospital and often skip meals. Make sure they eat by providing lunches!
- Donate wish-list items. They are constantly in need of everyday things from paper towels to snacks. Having a wish list drive can be a great way to pull together to do some good!
- Make a donation! Just like any house, there are bills, repairs and maintenance. Donations are tax deductible.
If any of these sound intriguing, visit rmhc-richmond.org for more information!
Photo: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Richmond