10 Tips to Raise Inspired Kids (and a Kickass Motivational Video) by Retired Navy Seal Commander William H. McRaven! by Nicole DeAvilla
Retired Navy Seal Commander William H. McRaven is now a New York Times bestselling author of the book, "Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life ... And Maybe the World." Praised by The Wall Street Journal as, “a book to inspire your children and grandchildren to become everything that they can,” the book offers 10 key guidelines:
- Start your day with a task completed. If you want to be successful in life, start by making your bed every day.
- You can’t go it alone. Find someone to share your life with, make as many friends as you can and remember that your success depends on others.
- Only the size of your heart matters. How brave and willing you are to do what needs to be done is what matters, not your size.
- Life is not fair. Drive on! The sooner you learn this lesson the better!
- Failure can make you stronger. In fact, failure is sometimes the shortest route to success.
- You must dare greatly. Without daring greatly, you will never know what is truly possible in your life.
- Stand up to the bullies. Courage is within us. Dig as deeply as you need to find it.
- Rise to the occasion. Even in dark moments, reach deep inside yourself to be your very best.
- Give people hope. Hope is the most powerful force in the universe.
- Never, ever quit! Life is full of difficult times, but there is always someone who has it worse than you. Keep going!
This video is longer than 30 seconds, but we think it's worth it.