How to Set-Up Your First Pinterest Account in 9 Easy Steps! by Kim Kusiciel
Think of Pinterest as a digital bulletin board. Once you sign up you search for topics you like and "pin" them on a Pinterest board that you create. You can also create different boards for different topics. If you are new to Pinterest, here's how you can become a pro in no time.
- Create an account using your email address or Facebook account.
- Agree to the terms and share basic demographic information.
- You are asked to select five "follow" topics, you can add more later.
- Search for topics of interest.
- "Pin" what you like using the "save" button.
- Create a board to save the pin.
- To create a board, give it a title, add a description, decide if it's secret or add collaborators.
- Once the pin is saved you'll notice suggested pins for you to view. Pin those if you like!
- Repeat steps 4-8 (only create a new board for a new topic).
- Add descriptions to the pin showing how you'll use it or why you saved it so you remember later!
- All pins are public, unless you create a "secret" board (good for privacy or surprise events).
Be sure to follow the 30Seconds on Pinterest and save the tips that make your life better in 30 seconds!