Ready to Sell Your Home? 5 Easy Ways to Get Your House Sold! by Holly Budde
Have you decided to list your house for sale? Then chances are you have either read or have been given a long list of do's and don'ts. Some of it can be expensive. The vast majority of that list might have you feeling overwhelmed, especially if you have small children at home. Here's a short list of the easiest and most rewarding ways to spruce up your home and outshine your competition.
- Curb appeal. If the buyers are not drawn to the outside, they will never want to see the inside! You will get the most bang for your buck by paying attention to flower beds, adding seasonal plants, grooming the lawn, freeing sidewalks and drives of debris, and making the entry welcoming and clean. Add some charm!
- Search online all the houses in your neighborhood. Look at the photos. You have just evaluated your competition. Do what they are doing, only better and use your imagination.
- Time to clean house! Declutter, and if rooms are crowded start boxing (you're moving anyway, so you may as well start packing). You can store stuff neatly in the garage
- Invest in storage ottomans or benches. When the call comes to show the house, throw the kids toys and your "stuff" inside.
- Smell matters. Make it smell cozy and inviting!