Your Wedding Day: 9 Tips to Help You Stay Calm on the Big Day! by Erica Hornthal
There are so many decisions to be made around a wedding and it can be quite a challenge to stay grounded and “down to earth.” It’s important to give yourself as much time as you need to process this big event and to make decisions without feeling pressured or rushed. Here are some tips to help!
- Be true to yourself.
- Manage expectations.
- Practice being in the moment.
- Let go of the “perfect” thing.
- Focus on the big picture.
- Ask yourself, what can I do physically to manage my emotions?
- Visualize the big day.
- Incorporate movement such as swaying and walking to reduce buildup of tension.
- Take breath breaks throughout the day.
Following these tips allows you to feel more in control during the big day, more aware of your environment and increasingly able to manage your emotions.