Is Your Child Being Bullied? 8 Signs of Bullying You Need to Watch For! by Heather Monroe, Newport Academy
More than 3.2 million American students are victims of bullying each year, according to DoSomething.org. While bullying is nothing new, technology has allowed it to increase in new ways. There are four types of bullying: physical, verbal, social and cyber. What are the signs that your child might be a victim of bullying?
- frequently feeling sick or faking illness on school mornings
- loss of interest in school
- decline in overall mood and well-being
- self-harming behaviors, such as cutting or drug and alcohol abuse
- avoiding social activities
- expressing suicidal thoughts
- unexplained damage or loss of personal items
- change in eating habits – eating very little or overeating
Pay close attention so you can help if things aren’t right!