Is Your Child Being Bullied? 8 Signs of Bullying Parents Need to Watch For by Heather Monroe, Newport Academy
In the United States, one in five students ages 12 to 18 has been bullied during the school year, according to DoSomething.org. While bullying is nothing new, technology has allowed it to increase in new ways. There are four types of bullying:
- cyber bullying
What are the signs that your child might be a victim of bullying? Here are 12 to keep an eye out for:
- Frequently feeling sick or faking illness on school mornings.
- Loss of interest in school.
- Decline in overall mood and well-being.
- Self-harming behaviors, such as cutting or drug and alcohol abuse.
- Avoiding social activities.
- Expressing suicidal thoughts.
- Unexplained damage or loss of personal items.
- Change in eating habits – eating very little or overeating.
Pay close attention so you can help if things aren’t right!
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.