Moms: Need a Laugh? Here's a Funny Twist on the Perfect Family Meal! by Catherine Merritt
Sometimes, this is what a real "perfect" family meal is for me…
- Set the table. Make it nice. Use real napkins. Go crazy!
- Spend one to two hours preparing a special meal everyone (especially your kids) will love.
- Tell everyone it's dinner time. Proceed to them coming in, complaining about not liking the food, not wanting to sit at the table, about it being too hot and their knees itching…
- Tell them to make PB&J sandwiches and eat them outside. Close the doors so you can't hear them. Have a spouse? Send him or her outside to monitor.
- You're alone! At last! Sit at the table, pour yourself a glass of wine, light a candle. Do you hear that? It's silence.
When you need alone time, this is what I call a perfect meal. Cheers!