Fussy Baby? 6 Simple Strategies to Help Soothe Your Little One! by Kaila Weingarten
Baby a little fussy? Try these six tips to help calm the storm!
- Shush Little Baby - Say "shhhh, shhhhhh" or use white noise (run a vacuum cleaner, white noise machine or hair dryer).
- Rock a Bye Baby - There's a reason the pictures always shows a rocking chair in the nursery. If your arms hurt, a baby swing can take over!
- Outside Time and Fresh Air - I used to meet my husband outside when my baby was kvetchy. Miraculously, she usually calmed down.
- Sing to Your Baby - Your baby won't care what your voice sounds like!
- Encourage Transitional Objects of Comfort - Give Baby blankets, dolls, a stuffed toy, etc., that he or she associates with calm.
- Stay Calm Yourself - The HARDEST THING EVER. But I've taken to deep breathing lately, and it kind of helps.
As with every storm, this one, too, shall pass.
Baby Shusher $32
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.