Fussy Baby? 6 Simple Strategies to Help Soothe Your Little One! by Kaila Weingarten
a year ago
Baby a little fussy? Try these six tips to help calm the storm!
- Shush Little Baby - Say "shhhh, shhhhhh" or use white noise (run a vacuum cleaner, white noise machine or hair dryer).
- Rock a Bye Baby - There's a reason the pictures always shows a rocking chair in the nursery. If your arms hurt, a baby swing can take over!
- Outside Time and Fresh Air - I used to meet my husband outside when my baby was kvetchy. Miraculously, she usually calmed down.
- Sing to Your Baby - Your baby won't care what your voice sounds like!
- Encourage Transitional Objects of Comfort - Give Baby blankets, dolls, a stuffed toy, etc., that he or she associates with calm.
- Stay Calm Yourself - The HARDEST THING EVER. But I've taken to deep breathing lately, and it kind of helps.
As with every storm, this one, too, shall pass.
These blankets present a soft and gentle place for Baby to snuggle and sleep.
Baby Shusher $32
Quickly soothes fussy baby with rhythmic "shush" sound. Can set timer for 15 or 30 minutes and has a built-in sound sensor and user-controlled volume.
Creates a comforting environment with six nature sounds to choose from - heartbeat, white noise, ocean, summer night, thunderstorm and brook.
This is the ideal glider and ottoman combination for your nursery with generous seating room, padded arm cushions and a pocket to store your belongings.
This baby swings small frame design fits in any room of your home so you can easily keep Baby close wherever you are.