5 Ways to Make Your Family One of Those Families (the Ones That Eat Healthy!) by Nicole DeAvilla
By far the best way for your young children to learn good nutritional habits is for you to have them, too! Try these tips to raise children who, while they still might have personal preferences, will eat a well-balanced diet of nutritious food.
- Look at your own diet. Do you practice what you preach?
- Resist rewarding your children with junk food and sugary foods and drinks.
- Don't buy junk food, overly processed foods and sugar-laden foods. If its not in the house no one will eat it.
- Stock the house with lots of vegetables, fruit, lean protein and whole grains.
- Save sweets as an occasional treat like birthdays and special holidays. Learning moderate consumption of sweet, fatty and processed foods will help prevent binging.
Good nutrition is a gift your child will benefit from his or her whole life!