Christmas Traditions: How to Host a DIY Gingerbread House Decorating Party! by Katie Lewis
Celebrate the holiday season with a kid-friendly gingerbread house decorating party! Here's how!
- Make a fun banner. Hang it above your dessert table (use a printable).
- Have the gingerbread houses built in advance using hot glue to ensure they don't fall apart when kids start decorating them.
- Have plenty of icing pre-prepared and ready to go in squirt bottles or frosting cones.
- Make gingerbread cookies. Have kids decorate them in a typical fashion with cinnamon candies baked on and royal icing.
- Create a dessert buffet that showcases the colors and flavors of the season.
- Fill bowls with a variety of candies so your guests can decorate their gingerbread houses. Provide a variety of shapes, colors and textures.
- Offer prizes for the most creative designs, and have festive fun with family and friends!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.