Can You Forgive After Divorce? Yes! Here Are 7 Tips to Help! by Ingrid Echter
2 years ago
These tips helped me forgive my ex, the woman he left me for and myself:
- Feeling comes later. First you need to decide to forgive.
- Commit to keeping your word, “I forgave.”
- Be in a moment and don’t jump on the past and future train of thoughts. Right now you are here, reading, driving, etc.
- It’s you and your child who suffer, not them.
- If you can’t do it for yourself, do it for your kids so they get to spend time with a happy, healthy mom vs. having to become a parent to your emotional roller coaster.
- Stop telling the past negative stories.
- Create possibilities you want.
You've got this!